at The Inns at St. Albans
Our name pays homage to Oscar Johnson, co-founder of the International Shoe Company, and his wife Irene Johnson, the visionary who cultivated St. Albans’ beauty and tradition of hospitality throughout the early 20th century.
Headshot courtesy of Starboard and Port
Please Note: Reservations required one week prior to event date.
May 17-19, 2024: Ozarks Hidden Gems with Chef Anna
WITH CHEF ANNA
Join award-winning Chef Anna on a culinary journey through the Ozarks. Gain an appreciation for the food and culture of the Ozark region and grow your kitchen skills in the process. The weekend includes sessions on foraging and cooking with plants found in the wild.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR – Chef Anna
Chef Anna is a private, professional chef, world traveler, recipe and menu developer, culinary instructor and cooking competitor. After her first competition at Chopped at Home (an offshoot from Chopped) in NYC, she returned home with the grand prize, the springboard into her culinary career. From there, she’s competed in local and national competitions, and in 2019 placed fourth at the World Food Championships, one of the world’s largest cooking competitions.
Aside from competing, Chef Anna has been a private chef in the Springfield/Branson area for the past eight years and received her training traveling the world; staging (short-term internships) in 3-Michelin restaurants; or cooking among the locals wherever she went. Some of these include Germany, London, South Africa, Norway, Ireland and France, as well as many states. She’s created hundreds of recipes, bringing back what she learned overseas and making menus for her clients that reflected the cultures she’d visited.
Norwegian cuisine holds a special place in her heart, since her mother is first-generationAmerican, and she has many relatives still living in Norway. She spent two summers in Norway learning the cuisine, and specializes in Nordic-inspired cooking. Norwegians love foraging, which initiated Chef Anna’s love for wild edibles.
In 2021, she received the Chef of the Year award from FEAST Magazine for Springfield, Missouri. She currently teaches culinary classes and is creating an online course to share her love of food with more people.
GENERAL WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
Friday, May 17
11 a.m. – Check In at The Lodge at St. Albans
1-3 p.m. – Lunch and Learn
– Tasty Treat: baked goat cheese fondue with chili and lavender honey
– Elderberry Appetizers Three Ways (we’ll use fun foraged items for garnish)
– Creamy Leek and Sweet Pea Soup, served with sourdough
– Salad of Roasted Grapes, Pickled Onions, Chevre, Wild Herbs, Arugula, Apple Cider Vinaigrette
– Individual Galettes with Spring Berries
6-8 p.m. – Dinner Demonstration at International Choux Co.
– Tasty Treat: smoked salmon bites with chives
– Butter boards, sourdough/flatbread
– Pesto Linguine with Chicken Sausage (Pesto made from some of the items we’ll forage earlier in the day
– Not-Your- Ordinary Chocolate Mousse
8 p.m. – Summer cocktails by the firepit
Saturday, May 18
9-11 a.m. – Breakfast at Head’s Store
11 -12 pm.m – Foraging
12-2 p.m. – Lunch and Learn
– App: “spring rolls”
– Mushrooms Tutorial
– Smorgas Board aka Scandinavian Tea Time: open face sandwiches with smoked salmon, cucumber, jammy eggs, quick pickles, and more
– Quick pickles (take a jar home!)
– Wild Flower Syrup Affogatos
6:30-8:30 p.m. – Chef’s Dinner Old Barn Inn
Little petites: blue cheese, pecan, and apple filling inside mini lettuce boats OR roasted potato rounds with smoked salmon mousse and wild chives
fForaged herbs, and edible flowers, heirloom tomatoes and strawberries in burnt honey lime marinade, mint, roasted beets and grilled cucumber, lemon vinaigrette,
Spring onion buttermilk-poached cod with brown butter sauce, creamy tubers and roots, honey-garlic glazed and roasted seasonal greens
Wild berry aquavit preserves, whipped custard, norwegian dessert waffles
Sunday, May 19
9-11 a.m. – Breakfast at Old Barn Inn
11:30 a.m. – Check Out
Culinary Camp Package pricing based on single or double-occupancy accommodations.
• $915/single attendee (Includes a two-night stay. Following purchase, you will be contacted by a reservations specialist to make these arrangements.)
• $1380/two attendees (Includes a two-night stay. Following purchase, you will be contacted by a reservations specialist to make these arrangements.)
Reservations for all classes required one week prior to event date.